Genie garage door opener Genie Pro Max, how to change garage door code
GENIE 912 REMOTE
GT912 ( 9 or 12 Switch & 390 frequency)
************* WARNING *************
Moving Door can cause serious injury or death.
· DO NOT install transmitter unless the door operator’s safety reverse works as required by the door operator’s manual.
· Wall control must be mounted in sight of door, at least 5 feet above floor and clear of moving door parts.
· Keep people clear of opening while door is moving.
· DO NOT allow children to play with the transmitter or door operator.
If safety reverse does not work properly:
· Close door then disconnect operator using the manual release handle.
· DO NOT use transmitter or door operator.
· Refer to Door and Door Operators Owner’s Manuals before attempting any repairs.
Electrical Shock can cause serious injury or death.
· Power cord must be unplugged before attaching any wires,
· Be sure wire ends do not touch each other or other terminals.
If you have questions or if you need a manual, contact the distributor or manufacturer of the operator.
NOTE: This replacement remote controller will work with both our 9 switch and 12 switch security code systems, provided the 3 digit frequency number matches the existing unit. If these numbers do not match, the new remote controller will not open the door.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR NEW REMOTE CONTROLLER
All remote controller and garage door opener security code switches must match to remotely control your garage door opener.
SETTING THE SECURITY CODE ON YOUR NEW REMOTE CONTROLLER
Your code block with dip switches can be found where you see the antenna wire hanging from the motor head (you may have to take the lens cover off). If antenna wire is not hanging from motor head then you have an external receiver which is a black box approx. 6" x 2" mounted somewhere in the garage with a antenna wire hanging from it (pop off cover to find code block with dip switches).
Your new remote controller is shipped with the mode switch in the 12 switch system position and all 12 security code switches set “ON” or in the up position. Locate the security code switches on your single button remote controller or door opener receiver. Your new remote controller MUST be set to the same security code for it to work.
NOTE: Do not use ANY multi-button remote controller for matching security codes. Use security codes on your garage door opener receiver or single button remote.
1. Remove battery cover.
· Press firmly below arrow and slide cover off
2. Slide mode switch to either 9 or 12 to match number of security code switches on your existing single button remote controller or garage door opener receiver.
3. Slide security code switches to match your single button remote controller or garage door opener receiver. For 9 switch systems use the upper row of numbers. For 12 switch systems use the lower row of numbers.
* Use ballpoint pen or small screwdriver
· Slide security code switches firmly up or down
NOTE: If your original remote controller includes “one time” punch out keys instead of switches, set security code switches of the new remote controller of “OFF” or down position to match keys that have been punched.
4. Replace remote control battery cover.
· Slide battery cover back in place over battery.
· Press firmly and slide forward to snap in place.
REMOTE CONTROLLER SECURITY CODES CAN BE CHANGED AT ANY TIME. ALL REMOTE CONTROLLER AND GARAGE DOOR OPENER SECURITY CODE SWITCHES MUST MATCH TO REMOTELY CONTROL YOUR DOOR OPENER.
REMOTE CONTROLLER OPERATION:
· Point the remote controller at the garage door and press the button. The door will open or close.
· Press the button while the door is moving. The door will stop.
· Press the button again. The door will move the other way.
· Door automatically stops at the end of open or close cycle.
· For maximum range, point remote controller at the door and press the button.
VISOR CLIP ATTACHMENT:
Attach visor clip to remote controller.
· Spread wire ends into holes in sides of remote controller.
Remove battery cover.
· Press firmly below arrow on battery cover and slide cover off.
· Install new battery in same position.
· Use Eveready 9V classic No. 216.
· Replace cover
LOST OR STOLEN REMOTE CONTROLLER:
If your remote controller has been lost or stolen, it is recommended that you change the security code settings on all your remote controllers and receivers.
garage-door-openers.us - Owned by 1st Garage Door Openers, Inc., an independent family owned and operated business serving the Garage Door and Garage Door Opener Industry since 1981. Providing excellent customer service and assistance for over 25 years. We are a discount reseller of garage door opener remotes, repair parts, keyless entry and gate operator controls for your home, business, or gated community. We carry parts for the following garage door openers Lift-Master, Chamberlain, Sears Craftsman, Access Master, Sears Best Craftsman, Sears Automatic Door Opener, Master Mechanic, Security +, Formula 1, Garage Master, Billion Code, LiftMaster Professional, Estate Series, Premium Series, Contractor Series, Power Driver, Whisper Drive, Genie, Alliance, Norelco, Blue-Max, Lift-A-Door, Pro Max, Aladdin, Hercules, Stealth, Excelerator, Intellicode, Genie Pro, OverDrive, Python 2, Signature, Phantom, Legacy, Medallion, CodeDodger, Overhead Door, Genie Shop Vac, Stanley, Vemco, Quiet Glide, SecureCode, Lightmaker, Innovative Products, Whistler, U-Install, Popular Mechanics, Allister, Allstar, Pulsar, MVP, Challenger, GTO, All-O-Matic, Electrolift, Westinghouse, AM/11, Linear, Access Pro, Moore-O-Matic, MegaCode, Delta 3, MultiCode, Heddolf, ESP Micom, Intercontinental Dynamics, Crusader, Wayne Dalton, iDrive, Door Master, Quantum, Classic Drive, Tec Key, Martec, Monarch, Telectron and other garage door openers, and gate operators. All mentioned brand names of Garage Door openers, Garage Door opener receivers and Gate operator devices are registered trade names and trademarks of the respective entities and are only used for reference.
Copyright © 2014 garage-door-openers.us No part of this site can be reproduced in any form or by any means, photocopying, electronic, mechanical, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of 1st Garage Door Openers Inc.